Gifting season may be over, but there is one gift that you can give to your patients that will keep giving benefits to you and them for years to come. To improve patient engagement, you need a portal that is easy to use, responsive, and allows your patients to communicate with your practice on their terms.
What results when you empower them with the right tool? A gift that keeps on giving—increased patient satisfaction, time and money savings for your practice, and increased quality of care.
Here are the top 3 ways a patient portal could benefit your practice:
- Streamlined Patient Registration and Intake Process
- Registration forms can be downloaded and filled out at home—providing the convenience of being able to complete forms at their leisure and decreasing their wait time
- Data provided can auto-populate to your EHR—allowing your staff to spend more time interacting with your patients
- Improved Patient Engagement and Communication
- Patients can efficiently and conveniently connect with the portal to schedule and manage appointments, pay bills, view documents, and communicate with staff members and physicians via messaging—reducing time spend on back and forth phone calls which oftentimes causes delayed responses and miscommunication
- Better engagement leads to better patient-physician relationships, ultimately increasing retention and improving clinical outcomes
- With a mobile solution, the patient has access to all their health data as they communicate and manage appointments on the go—empowering the patient to make their own health decisions
- Optimized Operational Workflow
- With online access, patients can schedule appointments, access their records/tests, refill prescription, pay their bill etc. on their own, which frees up your staff and physicians’ time to focus on other important tasks, as well as allow practices to decrease bad debt and get paid quicker
- Improved communication efficiencies and automated patient reminders reduce no show rates as well as overall wait time allowing you to see more patients in a day
- Patients filling out forms prior to their visit allows the practice to better prepare for the visit, decreases in office wait times and the work involved with scanning paperwork and updating chart data
So not only does providing the best patient portal solution help your patients succeed at their own care, but also helps your practice win! What are your 2019 strategies to improve patient engagement?
Source: SRS Health